Paediatric Orthopaedics (sometime spelled as Pediatric Orthopedics ) is a super-speciality of Orthopaedic Surgery that specifically deals with treatment of bone and joint diseases in children.
I am Dr. Easwar T.R, Consultant Paediatric Orthopaedic & Spine Surgeon practicing in Palakkad, Kerala and Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. I am fellowship trained in Paediatric Orthopaedics ( Orthopaedic disorders in Children), Sports Injuries, Limb Deformity and Scoliosis Correction, Scoliosis under the best teachers in both India and abroad.
As I said previously, Pediatric Orthopedics is the speciality of Orthopaedic Surgery which deals specially with treatment of Children’s Bone and Joint problems. Broadly this covers children with Congenital Limb Deformity, Spine diseases, Sports Injuries and Fractures and Cerebral Palsy. Treatment of many of these diseases and injuries are complex and one needs to be specially trained in treating children’s bone and joint problems to be able to comprehensively guide the treatment. Among these, Cerebral Palsy, Sports Injuries in Children and Clubfoot like limb deformities in Children are my specialized field of interest. Some of the diseases I mentioned earlier like Cerebral Palsy, Scoliosis, Spina Bifida are very difficult problems that needs time for assessment and special environment to meet and counsel. They also need a group of specialists from various fields of medicine and surgery working together with parents and paramedical personnel to give optimal results to the child.
Pediatric Orthopedics has been my passion since my training days and I run dedicated Pediatric Orthopaedic & Cerebral Palsy Clinics at Palakkad, Shoranur, Kasaragod and Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala State. In addition I also run Cerebral Palsy Clinics with integrated Orthotic and Physical Therapy service at Palakkad and Shoranur. The Clinic at Rajiv Gandhi Co-operative Hospital & Research Centre, Palakkad, Kerala also has a Video Gait Analysis Lab for assessing the problems many children have while walking. This lab allows us to record the child’s gait and take time to identify the different issues which leads to an altered gait. It also allows us to compare pre and post-treatment videos to assess improvement with treatment.
Core Specialities and Services:
My work involves the entire spectrum of Neonatal and Children’s Orthopaedics with conditions like:
- Club Foot (CTEV)
- DDH ( Developmental Dysplasia of Hip )
- Cerebral Palsy
- Pediatric Sports Injuries & Arthroscopy
- Flat Foot
- Erb’s palsy or Brachial plexus palsy
- Scoliosis & Spina Bifida in Children
- Skeletal Dysplasias and Genetic Dwarfism synodromes
- Limb length differences , Bow legs, Knock knees, Blount’s Disease
- Congential Limb Deficiency Syndromes like: Fibular Hemimelia, PFFD, Tibial Hemimelia etc..
- Ilizarov Fixator / OrthoFix surgeries for limb deformity correction and Limb lengthening
A clinic for Paediatric Orthopaedic & Spine disorders allowing patients the personal time, attention allowing detailed assessment of the child and addressing parental concern. Away from the hustle and bustle of the hospital setting clinic allows the clinician and the patient and interview in a more relaxed manner. The Clinic is run both in Palakkad, Kerala in the heart of town allowing ease of transport both to and from the clinic. For timings and appointment please contact Dr. Easwar
Dr. Easwar’s Clinic for Pediatric Orthopedics & Spine
- @Palakkad: 7/603, Easwar Kripa, Opposite Indoor Stadium, College Road, Palakkad, Kerala – 678001
- Bethel Hospital, 100 Feet Road, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
- Lakshmi Hospital, Kunnathurmedu, Palakkad, Kerala, India . Phone : 0491 – 2539999
- The Palakkad District Co-operative Hospital and Research Institute, Palakkad, Kerala, India, Phone: 0491-2526293, 0491-2536955, 0491-2520391
Paediatric Orthopaedic and Cerebral Palsy Clinic :
- Institute for Communicative and Cognitive Neurosciences [ICCONS], Kavalappara, Shoranur, Kerala, India. Phone: 0466 – 2224869, 0466-2223038 Fax: 0466 – 2225269
- Cerebral Palsy Clinic & Video Gait Lab, Rajiv Gandhi Cooperative Hospital, Kallekkad, Shoranur Road, Palakkad, Kerala, India. Phone : 0491-2509000
Paediatric Orthopaedic & Cerebral Palsy Clinics in Other Cities :
- Kasaragod Institute of Medical Science Hospital (KIMS Hospital), Kasaragod, Kerala
- Cosmopolitan Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- Sri Attukal Devi Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
If you want to participate in my Paediatric Orthopaedic and Limb Deformity Community at Facebook which I have set up to raise awareness among parents on the various Paediatric Orthopaedic disorders and the treatments available, please visit http://facebook.com/Paedorth.India/
Contact for Appointment / Enquiry:
E-mail : email@example.com
Mobile : 0091-9840724924 ( for appointments and enquiry)